How to Make a Hello Kitty Special Celebration Cake – with Jill
Making A Hello Kitty Cake
Create a sensational Hello Kitty cake (for a birthday or any other special celebration) using simple to make fondant and ruffle ombre design. A step by step
- Baked and frosted cake (Buttercream recipe below)
- White fondant (homemade (see below) or store bought)
- Hello Kitty Template (on our blog)
- Fondant roller or pastry roller at http://amzn.to/2iZ5Pi2
- Black iIcing (I bought a small tube at the grocery store)
- Pink color gel – to make the bow at http://amzn.to/2iQnHbj
- #104 Tip at http://amzn.to/2jSfHZn
- Disposable decorating bag at http://amzn.to/2jF8dLw
How to Frost a Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTppmxb3M8
How to Make Fondant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR75psVnEtM
- 2 1/2 Cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Microwave bowl
- Shortening (if needed)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
- Add salt (if needed).
- One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
- Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
- Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.